What to Do When You Get In a Car Accident

What to Do When You Get in a Car Accident in Texas

Experienced Houston Car Accident Attorneys

If you've been involved in a car accident, there are steps that you should take to protect your safety and your financial recovery.

Take care of yourself first. Life-threatening injuries need immediate attention. Get the medical care you need as soon as possible, even when injuries may seem minor, since many brain, neck, back and other injuries can develop or worsen over time without treatment.

After the police have been called and arrive at the scene, make sure you gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident, including:

  • Name, address and home telephone number
  • Employer's name and a work phone number
  • Make, model and year of car(s) involved
  • Name of registered owner of the vehicle
  • Other driver's insurance company name, agent name and policy number
  • Note the driver's injuries or pain complaints
  • Note any statements the driver makes to you about the accident

Exercise caution when communicating with the insurance company — either yours or the other driver's — about the accident. Don't sign anything that may have been given or sent to you without first consulting with an attorney. You can be waiving any potential rights that you have.

Learn What to Do After a Texas Car Accident

There are many benefits of hiring an experienced attorney following an accident. The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd can help you navigate through the system. The insurance companies have lawyers who handle these kinds of cases every day. Regardless of how nice they seem, they are not looking out for your best interests. They are trying to save their employers money.

Our lawyers can help you know what your rights are and how to proceed with a personal injury claim. We level the playing field for our clients.

If you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact an attorney with the experience and knowledge to get you the compensation you need to recover. Call a lawyer at The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd at (281) 992-8633.