2 Workers Mowing near Ruptured Gas Line Burned

At about 11:00 am on Friday, August 16th, two workers mowing grass on tractors in the vicinity of a buried gas pipeline beside Hamlink Road near Kacal Road in Beasley were burned when one of the tractors apparently hit some portion of the pipeline and the ensuing gas leak exploded. According to Fort Bend Sheriff’s deputies on the scene, the two men were taken to an area hospital with moderate burns. Both are in stable condition and are expected to recover from their injuries. A shelter-in-place order was issued until the pipeline owner’s representatives could assess the damage and control the gas flow. The leak was quickly stopped, repairs were soon underway and the order was lifted within a few hours of the incident. No other injuries or property damage was reported.

If you or a loved one is ever injured in an industrial accident, please consider calling us. We have dealt with them for decades and we are very good at it.